Seems to me that Employment Insurance benefits are denied if you quit your job. Harper quit his job and now he wants more - he wants a majority.
I've observed a successful strategy that Harper has employed and it is distressing to watch it play out. His abuse of the Parliamentary system seems to have gone unpunished. Through an abuse of the confidence motion (more than any other Prime Minister in history), Harper has set all the progressives against each other. Jack Layton is blaming the Liberals for propping up the government and Liberals are blaming Jack.
So it is a perfect storm. The NDP are blaming the Liberals for doing what they had no choice but to do. Jack should be aiming his guns at the Conservative abuse of the minority Parliament. Making a bill a confidence motion used to be a move taken with care. Heck, I saw more confidence motions in the last parliament than in the entire 30 plus years of previous voting.
Why isn't Harper being blamed for the ruination of the minority Parliament. He abused the rules; quit his job and now he wants to collect on benefits!
Don't think that's fair and why are we propping him up by shooting at each other.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I support the Conservatives generally but have to agree giving E.I. benefits to the self-employed is an abuse of power even if it is just a natural continuation of the Liberal years of political abuse.
Post a Comment